Feed pellets production process:
The feed mill production process generally includes the following processes: Raw materials storage, receiving and cleaning, crushing, batching, mixing, pelletizing, cooling, crumbling, screening, packaging and storage of finished products. Some special feed products which has special production requirements need to be configured with liquid addition, pre-curing, post-curing, post-spraying, swelling, puffing, drying and other processes.
The main common equipments used in feed mill:
1) Conveying and distribution equipment: It is mainly used for the conveying raw materials, semi-finished products and finished products to certain place or silos. Conveying equipments can be divided into mechanical conveying and pneumatic conveying. Mechanical conveying is divided into vertical conveying and horizontal conveying. The vertical conveyor is mainly means bucket elevator, horizontal conveyors including screw conveyors(also known as augers), scraper conveyors and belt conveyors. The distribution equipment mainly includes three-way, four-way, multi-station rotary distributors and pendulum distributors.
2) Cleaning equipment: It is mainly used to remove impurities in feed materials, especially large and medium impurities and iron impurities to protect the safety of equipment and people. Cleaning equipment mainly includes screening equipment and iron removal equipment. Screening equipment mainly includes cylindrical screens, cone screens, rotary screens, and vibrating screens. The iron removal equipment mainly includes permanent magnet cylinders and plate magnetic separators.
3) Crushing equipment: It is mainly used to crush the feed raw materials with unqualified granularity to meet the feed particle size requirements. The crushing equipment has different types depending on the requirements of crushing particle size, and mainly includes hammer crusher, vertical crusher, roller crusher, micro crusher, and ultra-micro crusher.
4) Batching equipment: According to the requirements of the formula, all kinds of feed ingredients are matched together according to a certain proportion (weight). The batching equipment is divided into automatic batching and manual batching. Automatic batching equipment usually adopt computer-controlled batching scales. Manual batching are only suitable for small-scale feed mills, using scales for batching.
5) Mixing equipment: It is for fully mixing the batched feed materials, and make them to uniform powdered feed products. The feed mills commonly use batch mixing equipments, mainly including horizontal double shaft paddle mixer, horizontal spiral ribbon mixer, single shaft paddle mixer, etc.
6) Pelletizing/Granulation equipment: It is for making powdered type batched materials to pellets feed type, There are two types: ring die type and flat die type. At present, feed plants mainly use ring die feed pellet machine. Pellet machine are generally equipped with feeders and conditioners. They can be equipped with single-layer conditioner, double-layer conditioner, three-layer conditioner according to different requirements for conditioning.
7) Cooling equipment: After pelletizing, the pellets temperature is about 80°C~90°C, and the water content is about 16%. It has to be cooled and dried. The cooling device reduces the temperature of the material to near room temperature by suction, and partially reduces the moisture of the feed pellets while cooling.
8) Pellets crumbling equipment: It is a machine that crumbling feed pellets to smaller size, usually adopt roller type pellets crumbler.
9) Screening equipment: used for separating small parts of powder or granules not made to pellets to guarantee the pellets quality, the screened powder will be resending to the pellet mill for pelletizing. screening equipment mainly includes rotary screens, vibrating screens, etc.
10) Finished products packaging equipment: Packaging can be divided into two types: automatic packaging and manual packaging. Automatic packaging usually adopt automatic packing machine with sewing and conveyor. Manual packing is uses scales for weighing and portable sewing machines for sewing bags.
11) Dust removal equipment: It is for sucking dust and protects the environment. The principle and equipment used for dust removal and gas transmission is basically same, the difference is that one transports dust and one transports material. The air volume required to transport dust is smaller than the air volume of delivery materials. The associated equipment mainly includes: air fan, wind pipes, dust collectors, airlock and bag filters, etc.